I ain't gonna work on Maggie's farm no more 我再也不去瑪姬的農場幹活了。
I ain't gonna work on Maggie's farm no more 我可再也不要在瑪姬的農場裡幹活!
Well, I wake up in the morning 我啊,一早醒來,
Fold my hands and pray for rain 便合手祈雨。
I got a head full of ideas 我滿腦子各種想法,
That are drivin' me insane 它們快讓我發狂。
It's a shame the way she makes me scrub the floor 結果她居然天殺的要我刷地板!
I ain't gonna work on Maggie's farm no more 我再也不要在瑪姬的農場裡幹活了。
I ain't gonna work for Maggie's brother no more 我再也不給瑪姬的老哥幹活了。
I ain't gonna work for Maggie's brother no more 我可再也不要給他幹活!
Well, he hands you a nickel 他啊,會施捨你五美分,
He hands you a dime 或者十美分,
He asks you with a grin 他會咧嘴笑著問你,
If you're havin' a good time 日子過得還開心吧?
Then he fines you every time you slam the door 但是你一甩門就得上繳罰金。
I ain't gonna work for Maggie's brother no more 我再也不要為瑪姬的老哥幹活了。
I ain't gonna work for Maggie's pa no more 我再也不給瑪姬的老爸幹活了。
No, I ain't gonna work for Maggie's pa no more 不,我可再也不要為他幹活!
Well, he puts his cigar 他啊,會將雪茄
Out in your face just for kicks 按熄在你臉上,只是為了好玩。
His bedroom window 他的臥室窗戶
It is made out of bricks 是磚頭砌的。
The National Guard stands around his door 他的門外還守著一群民兵。
Ah, I ain't gonna work for Maggie's pa no more 噢,我再也不要為瑪姬的老爸幹活了
(Alright!)
I ain't gonna work for Maggie's ma no more 我再也不給瑪姬的老媽幹活了。
No, I ain't gonna work for Maggie's ma no more 不,我可再也不要為她幹活!
Well, she talks to all the servants 她啊,對所有的僕人聊
About man and God and law 關於人與神與法。
Everybody says 大家都說
She's the brains behind pa 她是老爸的頂頭上司。
She's seventy-two but she says she's twenty-four 都72歲了卻對外宣稱24歲。(笑慘XD)
I ain't gonna work for Maggie's ma no more 我再也不要為瑪姬的老媽幹活了。
I ain't gonna work on Maggie's farm no more 我再也不去瑪姬的農場裡幹活了。
I ain't gonna work on Maggie's farm no more 我可再也不要在瑪姬的農場裡幹活!
Well, I try my best 我啊,是那麼盡力
To be just like I am 要做我自己,
But everybody wants you 但所有人都要你
To be just like them 跟他們一模模一樣樣。
They say "Sing while you slave." I just get bored 他們說:「做苦工時就高歌吧」,但我只感到厭煩。
I ain't gonna work on Maggie's farm no more 我再也不要在瑪姬的農場裡幹活了!
(Alright!)
還是最喜歡這個版本的Maggie's Farm,
暢快的節奏,躁躁鬧鬧的,聽狄倫用憤怒與諧謔的語氣大吼大叫
讓人不知不覺和他同仇敵愾起來:
"嗯嗯沒錯,Maggie's Farm這鬼地方真的不能待呀,才不要回去呢!"
神來一筆的是整首歌結束後漸起的Boo聲,再對比狄倫"橫眉冷對千夫指"的態度,
簡直是這首歌的最佳迴響。
所以回頭重聽一遍,才發現原來狄倫打一開始就發狠般用樂器與聲音挑釁他們:
抱歉,但真的回不去了。
老祖母的民謠歌我是不奉陪了。
那些輕飄柔軟的歌你們找別人唱去吧。
我可不要為了迎合你們,繼續幹那些我覺得無聊的事。
就讓我開始猛刷電吉他,插上音箱,
吵死你們這群小王八蛋吧!
再也不回去了,他說。
留言列表